Health System that maximizes health promotion and wellness services' impact on global Force fitness.
To advance Joint Force fitness through strategically developing, integrating, standardizing, and evaluating agile health promotion and wellness solutions in support of the National Defense Strategy.
Collaboration and integration at the local, DA, and DOD levels to standardize health promotion and public health efforts into the total Army by:
- Armed Forces Wellness Center standardization
- Army Health Promotion Officer management
- Comprehensive program evaluations & feasibility assessments
- Qualitative and quantitative data consultation/analysis
- Integrated Health Education Information/Resources
SME to support the Army Resiliency Directorate for the Ready and Resilient Campaign, National Prevention Strategy; Healthy Base Initiative; AMEDD 2020; TSG's Performance Triad; and Installation HPW Efforts.
HOW WE DO THIS
- Develop and disseminate standardized, evidence-based health promotion and wellness programs and tools.
- Develop key, science-based metrics to measure program impact and effectiveness.
- Use program evaluation methods to determine efficient and effective health promotion techniques and systems.
- Advocate for health promotion policy implementation and policy change.
- Develop partnerships and collaborations with other military and civilian organizations.
- Provide subject matter expert consultation, information sharing, and webinars for health professionals and military leaders.
HPW SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTISE
|Alcohol and Substance Abuse
|Armed Forces Wellness Centers
|Army Pregnancy/Postpartum Physical Training Program
|Clinical Preventive Services
|Combat/Operational Stress Control
|Community Health Promotion Councils
|Ready and Resilient Campaign
|Reserve Component Issues
|Community Needs Assessment
|Community Resource Guides
|Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
|Dental Readiness/Oral Health
|Health Promotion Webinar Series: Charting the Course to a Healthier Force
|Health Status/Health Effects Measurement
|Health-related Outcomes Research
|Healthy Base Initiative
|Worksite Wellness/Civilian Fitness