What should I do with my pesticides?
- Off-post: follow local (state and county) requirements.
- On-post: contact your environmental office.
- Follow the label instructions for disposal.
- Turn them in to the local household hazardous waste center.
- Don’t hoard. Only buy what you need to avoid product expiration.
- Only mix what you need.
- Try to use up all the product.
- Follow label instructions for rinsing empty containers.
- Clean up spills immediately.
- Contact the local household hazardous waste center for disposal of spill material.
What should I NOT do?
- NEVER flush or pour pesticides down the toilet or drain.
- NEVER reuse empty pesticide containers for storing other products.
- NEVER use pesticides for purposes not listed on the label.
National Pesticide Information Center
- Information on safe disposal of pesticides.
U.S. EPA Household Hazardous Waste
- Information on managing household hazardous waste.
U.S. EPA Pest Control and Pesticide Safety for Consumers
- Provides important consumer safety information.